vSphere Client Download
I think everyone knows what a pain it can be to try and download the vSphere client – we therefore present the vSphere Client download links for ALL client versions to date! Although VMWare are steering people towards using the vCenter webui client which brings more functionality, 95% of standard day-to-day administration can be comfortably done with the standalone client.
Also, scroll to the bottom of the page for an overview of the vSphere client and how it works.
- 6.0 : VMware-viclient-all-6.0.0-2502222.exe
- 6.0 Update 1: VMware-viclient-all-6.0.0-3016447.exe
- 6.0 Update 2: VMware-viclient-all-6.0.0-3562874.exe
- 6.0 Update 3: VMware-viclient-all-6.0.0-5112508.exe
- 5.5 : VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1281650.exe
- 5.5 Update 1: VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1618071.exe
- 5.5 Update 1a : VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1746248.exe
- 5.5 Update 1c : VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1745234.exe
- 5.5 Update 1b : VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1880841.exe
- 5.5 Update 2: VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-1993072.exe
- 5.5 Update 3: VMware-viclient-all-5.5.0-3024345.exe
- 5.1 : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-786111.exe
- 5.1.0a : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-860230.exe
- 5.1.0b : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-941893.exe
- 5.1 Update 1 : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-1064113.exe
- 5.1 Update 1b : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-1235233.exe
- 5.1 Update 1c : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-1364039.exe
- 5.1 Update 2 : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-1471691.exe
- 5.1 Update 2a : VMware-viclient-all-5.1.0-1880906.exe
- 5.0 : VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-455964.exe
- Update 1 : VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-623373.exe
- Update 1b : VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-804277.exe
- Update 2 : VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-913577.exe
- Update 3 : VMware-viclient-all-5.0.0-1300600.exe
It appears that VMware have removed the vsphere 4.1 client installer files, thank you Joe for letting me know! Please bear with me while I source these and link to them, in the meantime you can find them using the filemare ftp search engine. As these are not direct from VMware, please make sure you have scan these for virus / malware should you choose to download them.
- 4.1 :
VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-258902.exe– file removed by VMware. You may be able to find it using the filemare ftp search engine.
- Update 1 :
VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-345043.exe– file removed by VMware. You may be able to find it using the filemare ftp search engine.
- Update 2 :
VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-491557.exe– file removed by VMware. You may be able to find it using the filemare ftp search engine.
- Update 3a :
VMware-viclient-all-4.1.0-925676.exe– file removed by VMware. You may be able to find it using the filemare ftp search engine.
Installation on Windows 8:
If you are having issues installing the client on Windows 8, click here for details.
What is the vSphere Client?
The vSphere Client is the principal interface for administering vCenter Server and ESXi; vSphere client download links are all listed above – make sure you have downloaded the correct version for your ESXi release! There’s no problem having more than one installed – the launcher, i.e. the login window you see when you open the client, will connect to your ESXi server and choose the correct version to carry on with – or prompt you to download another version!
The vSphere Client user interface is configured based on the server to which it is connected:
- When the server is a vCenter Server system, the vSphere Client displays all the options available to the vSphere environment, according to the licensing configuration and the user permissions
- When the server is an ESXi host, the vSphere Client displays only the options appropriate to single host management.
When you first log in to the vSphere Client, it displays a Home page with icons that you select to access vSphere Client functions. When you log out of the vSphere Client, the client application retains the view that was displayed when it closed, and returns you to that view when you next log in.
You perform many management tasks from the Inventory view, which consists of a single window containing a menu bar, a navigation bar, a toolbar, a status bar, a panel section, and pop-up menus.